Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Myth of Multitasking

Students are always trying to convince me what great "Multi-taskers" they are.  I try to explain that there is no way they can read what is on the board, write or check text messages, and/or learn new material. They are just distracted. I don't have their complete attention; I have their partial attention. When learning new material, having their complete attention is very important.
I think the problems isn't just with students, it's with everyone.  I hear about more people texting while driving and more signs springing up at restaurants, shops, and businesses that don't want you to use your IPhone.
Much research has been done to the effectiveness and efficacy of our multi-taskers.
http://www.techlearning.com/Blogs/36994

No comments:

Post a Comment